Saturday, August 24, 2013

Um, Hi.

Oh come on, it's not like I haven't tried blogging before - I can do better.

Er hem, HELLO! :)

Now I suppose I should type in why I am here.  That  reasoning could be chalked up to two parts boredom and two parts ranting.

You see, about a year ago, I was diagnosed by my primary care physician as having Rheumatoid Arthritis. Let's just say my world stopped and my once rosy outlook on life plummeted. 

I had been on the brink once before.  334 pounds and a initial diagnosis of osteoarthritis led me to an effort of trying to improve myself.  Two years into Weight Watchers got me more active and sixty pounds lost.  For the first time in a long while I had hope, and my arthritis went dormant.

But oh ho - if I only knew about the sleeping dragon lying in wait for me.

The revelation came in the form of a nasty flare up that my prescribed OA drugs were not working on.  I go back to my doc, and that's when I get the word.

This first year with RA has been sucky to say the least.  Along with my Rheumatologist fine tuning my drug regiment, I've hunted up and down the net for information, enlightenment, and simple support.  That is why I will say right now that the purpose of this blog is to unleash another beast - my creativity.

You see, as much as my friends and my family do support me, I still feel a tiny bit alone. With the exception of one family member, none of them have RA. I have fellow blogs out there to lean on for the information and what life might be like in the future but in the meanwhile, I need an outlet.

I have always explored the world of writing, and still have a dream to write professionally in the future. One of the things I've noticed is when my emotions get into my writing, I can feel the power and the healing as well.

So in short, if you stick around, you might see some RA information, a vent or two, but mostly it will be me putting myself out here, in fiction and non-fiction form.

Nice to meet you,
RAmbling girl

No comments:

Post a Comment